You’re pumped. You’ve had a lot of registrations for your webinar or live online event.
You’ve already started counting the cash.
But wait…Uh, oh…
Where is everyone? They registered but most of them are MIA.
The fact is, the less qualified your registrants are, the lower your show-up rate will be and the more you will need to do post registration to increase that percentage.
Here is a simple checklist for you to follow that ensures you get the highest show-up rate possible:
- Get more qualified prospects to register in the first place. You do this will your lead generation marketing and on your landing page by focusing on who your online event is for, who it is not for and on a targeted topic for your webinar or live online event.
- Amp-up your thank you page. You do this in two-ways: First, congratulate registrants, let them know they made a great decision and resell them on the event. Second, sell them something immediately. I tested this by selling a $47 product. Not only did it produce just a tick under $13,000 in sales before the event but now I had people even more committed to showing up because they bought something. This is HUGE tip.
- Have a downloadable handout with fill in the blanks, graphics, etc that create “open loops” in the registrant’s mind that can only be closed by showing up for your online event.
- Have a series of email reminders, especially on the day of the event. I like to send three.
- Create a series of “micro-training” videos. These are 3 to 7 minutes in length that go over a specific topic related to the content of the online event and resell registrants on showing up.
- Deliver a superior online event experience. Yep, this is key. If you deliver no value, are unprepared and unprofessional on one event, the odds of the same person showing up for another one is rare.
Do all these things and you will notice a big uptick in your show-up rate which, of course, will lead to more sales.
Kick butt, make mucho DEEnero!
Dave “Online Event Master” Dee